Nowdays the circulation of scientific culture is very important.
In 1999 our Observatory was on of the first Italian Research institutes to supply with specialized and professional people in order to communicate the scientific knowledge.
The Public Outreach & Education Office POE is dedicated to communication of scientific knowledge.
POE office opens the Institute doors to schools by organizing visits to research structures and multimedia conferences; POE then organizes educational laboratories and multi-fields shows also with the help of teachers and specialists.
In Merate we have a multimedia room with a capacity of 50 seats for public lectures, press conferences, conferences and didactic laboratories; two professional telescopes (Ruths and Zeiss, respectively of 134 cm and 100 cm diameter) which are used for nighttime observations open to the public and to the schools.
The Observatory takes part in the most important National and International events (Genoa Science Festival, Perugia Science Festival, Naples Futuro Remoto Festival) with creative and vanguard proposals and actively partecipates to science communication research.
These activities are supported by grants from ESA, NASA, MIUR, ASI and Fondazione Cariplo.
- OAB on Facebook
- OAB on Twitter
- Visiting OAB
- Visiting Brera -- one a week by booking; go to the italian page for booking
- OAB for schools -- Italian web-site for school
- Astro curiosity archive - by Tomaso Belloni & Gabriele Ghisellini
- Events archive
- The Gamma-Ray Bursts - GRBs -- Italian web-site for "The research in easy way";
- The history of the Observatory through its instruments-- Italian web-site for "The research in easy way"